Thursday, April 3, 2008

Suzuri, or, She who Questions said...

These seemed to need their own post:

While I am not familiar with Red Dwarf, I have a feeling this guy would be incredibly lonely, barring true hermetic leanings. And also fairly eccentric.

If it were me, i would go batshit-crazy...and maybe that's a plot right there.

So, here are some questions that could maybe get a few things moving:
*Is this the guy's first time out? Does he know what to expect?
J: First instinct says it's his first time out and he thinks he knows what to expect, but is usually wrong.

*How much depth do these AI's have? Are they able to grow or once the conversation goes beyond their 'comfort zone' do they begin to break down?
J: AI's can grow and act much like humans

*Can a machine gain sentience in this universe? Feelings?
J: Yes?

*In the event a machine can develop feelings, will that be unexpected or cutting edge?
J: No?

*If so, will our pilot realize what is happening?

*How will whatever revelations he has affect his work ethic?
J: I hope so?

*independent or contract work?
J: I like indentured servitude

No comments: